A historic church in the small village of Laggan has been converted to a smart holiday house with the insertion of some contemporary design elements.
After starting life in 1876 as a community church, the building had a farmers shed attached in the early 1940’s and was used as a sheep shearing shed until the end of the century, it has since undergone another change of life to become a luxury getaway.
The character of previous lives has been retained, while the addition of a new layer of luxury and design has created a very special residence. The joinery includes colour references to stained glass and a super graphic of a cross, just to remind occupants where they are!
Photos: Michael Sandberg
Builder: Proudman Constructions